Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Jedi Knight Before Christmas


'Twas the Jedi Knight before Christmas, and all throughout space
Not a creature was stirring, not a single alien race.
Lightsabers were hung by the X-Wing with care
In hopes that Luke Skywalker soon would be there.
The Ewoks were all nestled snug in their beds
While visions of Stormtroopers danced in their heads
And Leia in her headdress, and I in my ship
had just settled in for to catch us some kip
When the radar began flashing with such a loud clatter,
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the cockpit I flew like a flash
Turned on the thrusters and banged on the dash.
The moons shone down on newly-fallen Hoth snow
Where AT-ATs and wampas go running, don't you know,
When suddenly out of the sky like a hurtling asteroid
Came the Millenium Falcon and a tiny blue droid
With a little old Jedi - and this is no fluke -
I knew in a moment it must be Sir Luke!
More rapid than speeders his thrusters they came
R2 whistled, Luke shouted and called out these names:
"Now Dooku, now Vader, now young Kylo Ren -
On Yoda, On Obi-Wan, who some people call 'Ben!'

To the hangar bay doors near the top of the wall
Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!"
As the tumbleweeds fly in the Tatooine wind
Past Tusken Raiders all wrapped in their leathery skins
So up to the hangar the thrusters they flew
With a ship full of droids, and Luke Skywalker too.
And then, with a hissing, a noise came to my ear
Of the Falcon touching down on its three landing gear.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Quick came Sir Luke down the ramp with a bound.
He was dressed all in robes, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all covered in axle grease and soot.
A band full of droids he had at his back
That whistled and whirred and sputtered and clacked.
BB-8 rolled along, R2-D2 he shone!C3PO glistened like new-polished chrome!
His mouth was drawn tight like a black little cube
And he bowed low and asked nicely "How may I help you?"
The hilt of a lightsaber Luke held in his fist
(The hand was robotic all the way up to the wrist!)

Luke was a Jedi, he certainly was no rookie,
And he knew better than to play chess with a Wookie.
He looked old and wise, like old Yoda the elf,
And I laughed when I saw him in spite of myself
A wink of his eye and a twist of his head
Soon gave me to know I had nothing to dread.
He'd escaped from the Empire, from the worst of the worst,
The kind of situation where OF COURSE I'd shoot first.
With a wave of his hand this sage of the Force
Told us we'd all be safe for Christmas, of course.
He sprang to his ship and gave out a holler:
"Holiday greetings to everyone from my Father!"
But I heard him exclaim, ere he flew out of view
"Merry Christmas to all, may the Force be with you!"



No comments:

Post a Comment